Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Show 89: L.A. at Echo Curio

TURNOUT: 6 in the beginning about 3 at the end.
SMELL: Fairly fresh. Smelled mildly of lavender.
BENCH PRESS: About two hundred. Not bad for such a scrawny place.
MONEYS: 20
INJURIES: It hurts, it hurts, oh god it hurts in my soul. (This is ben being slightly overdramatic)

STORIES: There were two skirted and pantsed people who walked into the space right before we were about to start which made me smile a bit thinking maybee somehow the press releases I'd sent out to the void had reached them only to see them walk out right after I did the "When you kill 500,000 children in order to impose your will on other contries, then you shouldn't be surprised when somebody responds in kind" bit.

Oh well.

John and Shannon of Pedestrian Deposit came and saw the show which was great and we had a discussion afterwards with them, Grant, and another guy who's on the neighborhood association and who I can't remember his name goddamn it. I feel like I sounded kind of straight-backed and bookish in this discussion which makes me a little nervous about what my brain and mouth want to do with the new information they suck up.

Other things: - The perfomance and general delivery of the show that night was a little shakey, went better the next night.
- You can't pee anywhere on Sunset Blvd but we did anyway.
- Pete played his loud set, the drooly one, which I watched with my eye's open this time.
Highwayku:

Smuggling apricots,
Where's the lush fertile valley
Barry White killed it.


Did you see this show? If you did, write a review, ask us some questions or comment on it. We'd love to hear it becuase we believe in artistic transparency.

No comments:

Post a Comment