Thursday, April 22, 2010

Show Report 80: Home!




Turnout: 11
Support: $18
Injury Report: Kate no longer massages my hands at that one part. For some reaons she now squeezes and rubs them, like she's trying to grind my knuckles, or pull my skin off.

Show Description: We're back from tour and it feels great. Sally Louise and Alec haven't seen the show yet, so we decided to do a homecoming performance after the weekly Tuesday potluck at 64 King. Alec even re-read the Odyssey while we were gone! Friends and neighbors came by as well, and there were philosophical discussions on top of tactical discussions on top of semantic discussions. I found myself agreeing and disagreeing with both Justin and Zohar's completely contradicting interpretations of the play. Which makes me think that maybe the play, in all it's complexity and contradictions still actually expresses my viewpoint. We're all trapped in the middle of all these passionate concerns, second guesses, and hopeless choices. The challenge is to recognize that we cannot ever know what the best action is. Even though none of our conclusions, positive or negative are assured, we must keep moving.

Did you see this show? If you did, comment on it, critique it, or share your questions. We'd love to hear from you because we believe in artistic transparency.

No comments:

Post a Comment