Friday, April 16, 2010

Show 77: Miami, The Firefly

Turnout: 22
Monetary Support: 126 (106 door, 20 merch)
Personal Injury Report: Ben lost his shoe and I broke my sweatshirt zipper.

Show Description: The firefly hosted us in this great ceilingless room outside that I, sadly, didn't take a picture of. In place of a picture of the nicely graffitied cement walls with mango tree branches shading the open roof-hole to the windy sky. I offer this humble picture of myself taken as I realilized I'd forgotten.

This show has me thinking about two things: One of them being how the play's grim content can eclipse its more hopeful production values. We need to do a better job of talking about how the theatre company works as an example of non-capitalist relations and about alternatives to capitalist production in general as possible economic solutions to the grimness of the play.

The second thing it has me thinking about is the way mosh pits work, as they happen differently all over the place. Florida has its own style. The "more clit in the pit" saying was spray painted on the wall where we played.

Did you see this show? If you did, write a review, comment on it or ask us some questions. We'd love to hear it because we believe in artistic transparency.

No comments:

Post a Comment